vor 1 Tag
27. Dezember 2007
I have made some brooches and gifts embellishment from seashells. I have added little round old pictures, pearls and little semi-precious stones like the oval garnet on the upper brooches at the right side.
14. Dezember 2007
10. Dezember 2007
I have sewed a series of renaissance icicle dolls. They look so great all together that I like to show you them. They will go out as Xmas gifts for friends. And I will make some similar for the icicle doll swap from Belinda.
25. November 2007
18. November 2007
I have seen scrap crow dolls in the latest issue of "Cloth Paper Scissors". Yesterday I made a mobile pocket for Stefanie in the same style. Now I have to let this crow fly away :-(
And thank you to Johanna and Gisele - for the information about this fantastic and inspiring magazine.
17. November 2007
This a brooche also for a Künstlerdecos group swap. I have stamped a piece of brass foil and embossed the lines of this house motif with a knitting needle. Then I have coloured the embossed house with black acryl. Above this brass house I have put copper net and some metal embellishment. The background is cardboard with black felt on it.
12. November 2007
The challenge for the X page was to embellish the letter X and just to use the X. I have taken a digital collage from a magazine because it has a very strong expression - another good reason for arting ! I have added some stamping and my decorated X.
Black & White with a Smidgen of Color. That was the challenge for F. "Fantasy" is a good reason for arting, isn't it ? And can you remember how it was to be a child living and learning in your own world of fantasies ?
The skinny book challenge was using either tissue paper or paper dinner napkins for the letter T. I have used tissue paper, gel medium and acryl for the background. I like the feeling of textures and different materials. This kind of sense is a very important reason for arting for me. That's why I have chosen the word "tactile".
1. November 2007
27. Oktober 2007
I am in the mood for sewing. Here are some finished little things : hearts with wings for chrismas decoration, the cats are nice-smelling for the wardrobe and two little bags for everything. There are only 58 days until chrismas, so it's time for making presents...
I have found this sewing box at a swedish flea market and restorated it. The colour scheme is from traditional used colours in "Blekinge", which is a state in the south of Sweden where I often spend my vacation. I hope my mother-in-law will like the sewing box, it's her birthday present.
26. Oktober 2007
6. Oktober 2007
Creating a bookpage using any every day paperwork you have laying around for the letter "S" book page. I have used a paper for a cake plate as stencil to hide the secret picture in the background and as corner embellishment.
I like art with secrets or hidden meanings, so "secrets" are a very good reason for arting (the theme of my alphabet book).
5. Oktober 2007
One week later I have finished the bookpage for the Skinny Alphabet Book for the letter H. It's a project of the Paper Traders, every week a book page with a special technique. Last week the use of a dictionary definition from a word starting with H for the H book page.
The theme of my alphabet book is "reasons for arting", so I have started with "HEART". I love this painting of a young woman sitting near a window where the light is falling inside. Smooth like the light is shining on her, art is coming from the heart.
28. September 2007
6. September 2007
I made this picture box with an altered cabinet card hanging in the middle for a swap of Künstlerdecos group some weeks ago. Today Diana received it and so I can show you the box now. I have seen something like that in a Somerset Studio magazine and since then I wanted to hang a photo in a box.
29. Juli 2007
These are altered postcards for a swap of the Paper Traders. I transfered Ernst Haeckel pictures on hundred years old postcards adressed to the "Naturhistorisches Institut Linnea, Berlin" (a naturhistorical institute of my hometown). The transfer comes out perfect, I 'm very happy with the results. I have done the transfer with ink jet prints on transparencies applying isopropylalcohol as transfer medium. All colours are transfered ! Before I made some experiments with different transfer mediums and with the solvent the results are the best.